Thursday, January 14, 2010

The ongoing story --- The little 16 year old girl who had bad front teeth (Zhino) has been receiving dental care and will have a new smile by weeks end. We found out that her two front teeth were seriously infected and she needed a dental surgeon to do her repair work. A big thank you to Tahseen who is making all of this happen. He has some friends who are dentists and they are taking care of my Zhino. Joe and I sent her a package of art supplies to encourage her to continue with her sketching. She is such a fabulous artist!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

I wonder if you have had the pleasure of learning about IBOL Guy (Iraqi Bundles of Love.) With the enthusiasm, love and concern that you two share I think you would enjoy this contact…and who knows! Maybe the two of you could find a way to get the American Quilters stitching away for the kids of Iraq in a big time way. I know the women in my area would appreciate a way to participate again.
http://ibol.wordpress.com
Ann thank you for all you have done.

Deanna Davis and the East Bay Heritage Quilters California

SOME FAB BOOKS I HAVE READ

  • Blood of Flowers
  • Brakthrough - 8 Steps to Wellness
  • Mutant Message from Down Under
  • Snow Flower and The Secret Fan
  • Stones to Schools (Greg Mortenson)