Thursday, September 2, 2010

I 'HAD' A DREAM

As you can see ~~ I said "had". The dream has become a reality! I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart who donated money to help me see these seniors enjoy a newfound comfort in their sleep! And a huge thank you once again to Tahseen (my Kurdish son) who helps make things happen for us! Once I wired the money to Tahseen, he was able to meet with the Directorate and advise them that we had mattresses, pillows and walkers for the seniors. He took the time, with the help of his lovely wife Ashne, to go and purchase the pillows, mattresses and walkers. We had a little extra money left over and so he bought special toilet risers and will buy two adjustable walkers. My dear friend Dolores in Sun City West, Arizona has wheelchairs, walkers and canes just waiting to make their way to Sulymaniyah as well. Once I arrive in Phoenix in two weeks, she and I will be working on a way to get them to Kuwait via an APO - military postal service and then on to Suly ! I have added a slide show of the mattresses and pillows being purchased, accounted for and made ready for delivery!! Thank you, Thank you !

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Alanna, what wonderful news! You are truly God's hands and heart in this activity. God bless the work of your hands.

Dagmar said...

Wonderful work Alanna, it is amazing what you can do with a dream. You have made such a difference in the lives if so many. See you on the 9th.

Anonymous said...

Alanna, God has gifted you to be an incredible visionary. Not only that, He's supplied you with the grace and strength to carry them out, even in the midst of every trial (Habakkuk 2:2-4). Continue in the work of the Lord...you are to be highly commended and we appreciate you!

Tahseen said...

Thank you mum! for letting joy into my heart by giving me the honor to be a part of this, and drawing thankful smile on those good people's face.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to be able to help, how can someone make a donation?

SOME FAB BOOKS I HAVE READ

  • Blood of Flowers
  • Brakthrough - 8 Steps to Wellness
  • Mutant Message from Down Under
  • Snow Flower and The Secret Fan
  • Stones to Schools (Greg Mortenson)