Tuesday, July 7, 2009

God Kissed

As my dear friend Beverly would have said - this next wonderful bit of news is "God Kissed". My friend Lorraine recently was introduced to a Lt. Colonel Herrera on the base where she works here in Kuwait. After a brief conversation, she learned that he was in charge of "humanitarian issues" for the military. Of course, she told him all about the quilt ministry and my effort of the past two years to get a large number of quilts made as well as the logistics of getting them to Sulaymaniya to the children. Lorraine tells me that his eyes lit up and he said that she should tell her friend to contact him - that he would help me get those quilts to those kids! Today - that prayer was answered. I received an email from LTC. Herrera confirming that his team would get my quilts to Sulaymaniyah at no cost to the quilt ministry. I was so excited - I had to go run on the treadmill for 45 minutes just to wear off the excited energy!! Joe and I will now look at planning our days and flights to go to Suly in early September. I am hoping to meet this wonderful LTC. Herrera in person one day soon! Praise God for him and his team!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Alanna, that is the most wonderful news! Wooo HOOOOOOO! (I need to go out and buy a treadmill, I am so happy for you!)

Dagmar said...

Oh Alanna, you have worked so hard to have your dream realized!!! These quilts with go with love!!!
oxox
Dagmar

SOME FAB BOOKS I HAVE READ

  • Blood of Flowers
  • Brakthrough - 8 Steps to Wellness
  • Mutant Message from Down Under
  • Snow Flower and The Secret Fan
  • Stones to Schools (Greg Mortenson)